News just in: now you can post live videos on Facebook! It’s kind of like hosting your own talk show. Like Kramer, except for real.
With live videos, you can share exactly what you’re doing at any given second of the day. Should your business consider live video? If you think that providing your customers with personal, real-time access to your business/product would keep them more engaged, then the answer is YES.
If you haven’t tried live video yet, here’s how to get started.
How to Post Live Video on Facebook
- Make sure you’re connected to strong WiFi or 4G signal.
- Log in to your Facebook app on your smart phone (if you manage multiple Facebook pages, then you will have to log in using the Facebook Pages Manager app)
- View your Facebook Page.
- Click the “publish” button at the top:
- Click the live video button at the bottom of the publish page:
- Write a description of what you’re about to post and tag yourself or whomever is in the video.
- When absolutely ready, hold your breath, and click the blue “Go Live” button.
- Breathe and watch the magic happen. Here’s a good example of a live video from the Clemson Football team that has gotten almost 1 million views.
Helpful Tips for a Successful Live Post
Facebook published some helpful hints about making successful live posts. We summarized them into a checklist for you. If you’d like to read more in depth, here’s the link.
- Tell your fans ahead of time when you’re planning to post live. You will get more viewers if they know when you’re going to post.
- Make sure you have a strong WiFi or 4G connection. Otherwise, the whole “live” thing won’t work.
- Write a description of your video so your viewers know what they’re watching.
- Ask your fans to subscribe to live notifications so they never miss your Live Feed.
- Respond to comments and call out people’s names (viewers can comment on your post while you’re posting and you can respond right then).
- Generally, the longer your broadcast, the better.
- Wrap up your live post with a closing line, like “thanks for checking in.”
- Be creative! In other words, do something other than just talking aimlessly about life.
Once you’ve posted your live video, it remains on your Facebook Feed to be liked, shared and commented on. If you’re struggling to think of what you could post live, we recommend showing your followers something “behind-the-scenes,” giving a virtual tour of your business space, or showing a customer doing something extraordinary with your product. Give it a try and let us know how it worked!
Love This Post and Want to Learn More About Check-In Angels?
Check-In Angels is the #1 referral program for business owners. With Check-In Angels, every time someone checks in on Facebook at your business, we donate to a great cause. It’s called “growing with good.” Click below to learn how Check-In Angels can help you grow your business.