You've heard there are 500 million users on Instagram. And that 48.8% of brands are on Instagram. Hopefully, you've realized it's time to get your business on Instagram. Welcome to 2016, and don’t worry, it’s just as easy to set up your Instagram account it was to set up your Facebook account. Actually, it might be easier. Here's how to set up an Instagram account for your business.
6 Steps for Setting Up an Instagram Account
- Get your smart phone and open up the app store. Instagram is a mobile app, so you'll have to use your phone to use it.
- Search for Instagram in the app store and tap the icon to download:
- Once you’ve installed the app, open it up. You'll be greeted by this sign up screen:
Here you have two options to choose from. You can sign up with your email or through your Facebook account. We recommend connecting to your Facebook account right away.
- Enter your username and password. For your business account, consider choosing something relevant to your business. We chose CauselyHQ. If your name is already taken, try adding underscores, name of the city your business is located, letters, periods or numbers.
- Next, fill in your profile. View your profile by tapping the "edit profile button." On this screen, do the following:
- Click the "gear" icon at the top right and make sure your profile is set to "business profile." If it says "Switch to Business Profile," click it.
- Next, it will ask you to connect to your business page.
- Select the Page you want to be associated with Instagram.
- Double check the information once it carries over.
- Fill in all the missing information (logo as your image, website link, etc).
- Finally, tap the search button (looks like a magnifying glass) and start following people OR post your first photo by tapping the camera button in the middle. Soon you'll start gaining followers and building awareness for your business.
So, I Have An Account. Now What?
Once you’ve created your account, you might struggle to know what to post. Everyone does. Check out these ideas to build your brand on Instagram.