This June, we are proud to partner with Compassion International! Every check-in this month will help children living in extreme poverty live a more full life! Founded in 1952, Compassion International is a Christian child development organization that works to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name. Compassion revolutionized the fight against global poverty by working exclusively with the Church to lift children out of spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty. Compassion helps children and families in 27 countries and is supported by 14 global offices to deliver this holistic child development program to over 2 million babies, children and young adults.
They take a “three-cord” approach to their ministry; Christ-centered, church-driven and child-focused. When taken individually, each cord is not unique. However, when looked at all together and why they serve, how they serve and who they serve, it creates a distinct approach to ministry. This approach gives every child in their program a chance to learn about Jesus, respond to the gospel, and develop a lifelong relationship with God.
Compassion has several initiatives they focus on:
- Child sponsorship
- Linking each child to only one sponsor at a time
- Connecting children living in extreme poverty with sponsors to help them live a blessed and thriving life.
- Developing children individually and holistically: mind, body and spirit
- Giving every child in our program a chance to learn about Jesus, respond to the gospel, and develop a lifelong relationship with God
- Compassion Survival
- Promotes development and survival of the most vulnerable babies, and also provides education to primary caregivers and mothers.
- Youth Development
- Provides customized training and an educational path for children age 12 and older.
- Critical Needs
- Provides food, supplementation, medical assistance, clean and safe drinking water, emergency home repairs, disaster relief among other services when the need arises
Compassion partners with more than 8,000 churches around the world to help make these initiatives happen. Each church partner tailors their programs to Compassion’s holistic child development model that mirrors the needs of the children in each community, to best deliver the whole-life care the children need.
We are thrilled to partner with Compassion International to help in their efforts to help children living in extreme poverty have healthy and thriving lives! A small effort such as checking in or writing a review on Facebook can lead to a huge impact.
Want to learn more about Causely and the way you can be part of the impact our community is making?