For the month of June, we are proud to partner with Best Friends Animal Society! Best Friends is the leading animal welfare organization working to end the killing of dogs and cats in America’s shelters by 2025. Founded in 1984, Best Friends is a pioneer in the no-kill movement and has helped reduce the number of animals killed in shelters from an estimated 17 million per year to around 347,000. Best Friends runs lifesaving programs all across the country, as well as the nation’s largest no-kill animal sanctuary. Working collaboratively with a network of more than 3,600 animal welfare and shelter partners, and community members nationwide.
Best Friends works with groups across the country to advocate in many areas around the volunteer needs in rescue.
- Fostering is a wonderful way that you not only help the animals in need, but then also save the life of another animal. By fostering and bringing a rescue animal into your home, you are then freeing up space in the shelter for another animal. 2 lives saved!
- Transporting is another area where they are involved. Transporting is when groups of complete strangers rally together to get a rescue animal or animals from one place to another. It could be people driving for an hour or two from their home to meet another person who then takes the animals in need to the next leg of their journey and so on… Or it could be pilots volunteering their time and resources to move animals across the country.
- Volunteering in local shelters is another way they advocate for individuals to make a difference. Taking the time to go to your local shelter, walk dogs, play with kittens, help clean out the kennels or do paperwork. This volunteering gives the animals in need the boost they need to keep going, while giving shelter employees the time to get other tasks done as well.
- Advocating for pet friendly housing communities so that no matter the pet, a person can find a place to call home.
- Fundraising for your local animal shelters, a Best Friends affiliated shelter or Best Friends Animal Society is also a great way to support animal rescue. They can help with these efforts by providing resources to make the most out of each event.
Another amazing opportunity that Best Friends has recently opened up is their partnership with Southern Utah University. They have partnered together to create the nation’s first university endorsed animal services leadership program! This one of a kind program can help a person’s passion for helping homeless animals into a new career.
And last but certainly not least, the Best Friends Animal Society Animal Sanctuary is another incredible way Best Friends is helping animals. Over 1600 different animals call this sanctuary home, including dogs, cats, birds, horses, bunnies, and pigs, among other animals. It is the largest sanctuary of its kind in the U.S.A. The love and compassion the volunteers and caregivers show for the animals is something that is absolutely beautiful to witness and is only overshadowed by the resilience of the animals that call it home.
We are thrilled to partner with Best Friends Animal Society to help in their efforts to save the lives of animals. A small effort such as checking in or writing a review on Facebook can lead to a huge impact.
Want to learn more about Causely and the way you can be part of the impact our community is making?